Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crafted, Shoreline Village + Disneyland

Yesterday was a full day for us: we visited Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles, had lunch in Long Beach and walked over to Shoreline Village, came home to rest and watch a movie, then headed back out to Disneyland for a late night dinner with my family.

Let's start back on Friday though...
The space shuttle Endeavour flew over Los Angeles on it's journey to LAX before being housed at the California Science Center. It didn't fly over me at work up in the San Fernando Valley, but Chris works really close to LAX and he caught a glimpse of it from the top of the parking structure by his work.


Friday night I also finished up my long process of making these chocolate chip cookies I read about on Kate Miss' blog. I've also read about them on Cupcakes & Cashmere but they take such a long time to make that I've never tackled them until now. They take 36 HOURS! I somehow disciplined myself and resisted the urge to eat the cookie dough while it was just sitting in my fridge. I do have to say, they're pretty darn good.

I need a smaller ice cream scoop...

Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles

Kelly told me about this place last week. It's a large indoor craft marketplace down in San Pedro. Set inside an old warehouse, sellers set up booths where they can sell their homemade crafts and goods such as home decor, jewelry, sauces, apparel, wood work, and more. They are still growing so there was a lot of empty space, but the booths that were there were pretty neat to look at. Kelly and Katy met Chris and I there around noon - it didn't take too long to look at everything, and I came away with some neat necklaces.

My purchases :)
Doofazoid, me + Doofazoid Jr.
Crafted is really close to some other San Pedro attractions like Ports O' Call, the Maritime Museum, and the USS Iowa. We'll have to visit those places during another weekend.

Long Beach + Shoreline Village

Perhaps my favorite building in the whole world
We said goodbye to Kelly and Katy and went over the two bridges to Long Beach for lunch at Famous Dave's and a walk around Shoreline Village.

Chris + his new Prestige Worldwide (link has some NSFW language) t-shirt
My tight black pants and I were not expecting 90 degree heat :/
The Queen Mary is in the distance to the left

Disneyland 

After sweating all my makeup off down in Long Beach we retreated back to Marina del Rey and watched "Katy Perry: Part of Me" and yes, we BOTH watched this documentary that chronicled Katy Perry's 2011 tour. I even shed a tear or two (during the part about her divorce from Russell Brand). 

Kelly called me and wanted to see if Chris and I wanted to meet them at Disneyland around eight o'clock for some dinner.

Ticket entrance to the park
A lot busier than last time we were here (check out my previous blog post)
Waiting for a table at the Carnation Cafe
Dinosaur panorama while on the Disneyland train
View from the train looking toward California Adventure
And that's all for this weekend! 
xx, Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment